Eat Low-Fat Food

Hi! I'm a mom of 2 and I love tasty (and fatty) food (Really, who doesn't?)! I own my love for the lards of life, but I budget my fats daily or else I easily overspend. By living a low-fat lifestyle, I hope to develop super powers (or something comparable would suite me just fine). At the very least, I hope my cholesterol levels will be thanking me as I gracefully progress through the ages and stages of life. Follow me on my eating journey to a healthier lifestyle through delicious low-fat food.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

My Favorite Fresh Apple Oatmeal


It has been a year since I tried to eat more oatmeal. I admit that I hated it at first, but now I rather like it. It took about 2 to 3 months for me to acclimate to the taste and texture, but I can attest that if you persevere you can train yourself to like something!  Today's fresh apple oatmeal is proof, proof that I'm still going strong.  I was often making blueberry-maple oatmeal, but I recently I made a bowl of hearty oatmeal filled with fresh apples.  This recipe is very, very good, with a wink and a nod to the flavors of your favorite Apple cobbler, only better for you.  It's naturally sweetened with real maple syrup and apple cider, and it's a winner!

I don't use specific measurements, I just do things to taste. 

Here is how I made it today:

-Scant half cup quick oats 
-milk to cover the oats

Combine in a microwave safe large cereal bowl, and cook in microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until oats have absorbed the milk and become fluffy.

-One quarter of a fresh apple, diced small 
-a pinch of salt 
-a pat of butter 
-sprinkle of cinnamon
-A splash of apple cider, perhaps 2 tablespoons 
-real maple syrup for drizzling

Add the remainder of the ingredients to your bowl and microwave for 30 seconds more.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment