Eat Low-Fat Food

Hi! I'm a mom of 2 and I love tasty (and fatty) food (Really, who doesn't?)! I own my love for the lards of life, but I budget my fats daily or else I easily overspend. By living a low-fat lifestyle, I hope to develop super powers (or something comparable would suite me just fine). At the very least, I hope my cholesterol levels will be thanking me as I gracefully progress through the ages and stages of life. Follow me on my eating journey to a healthier lifestyle through delicious low-fat food.

Friday, April 4, 2014

Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies


Finally! A way to eat oatmeal for breakfast that really jives with me.  Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies. Stop your snickering! Cookies for breakfast? You got it. These, however, are not the sweet oatmeal cookies the way your grandma would make them. They are definitely okay for breakfast, slightly sweet, practically fat-free, more like a chewy English scone that is made with oatmeal. And in the form of a cookie. And so much better tasting than a bowl full of mushy oatmeal that for the life of me I just can't seem to get over. I think it's just that texture thing that gets to me, but I really want to like oatmeal, and now I can.  I warm one of these big breakfast cookies up for 12 seconds in the microwave and serve it with a cup of milk, and it makes a perfect cholesterol-lowering heart-healthy breakfast.
I bet you want the recipe. I happened to find this recipe online at stacymakescents.com, a website that has a whole bunch of yummy-looking healthy breakfast recipes that I want to try.  This one turned out pretty good, so I know I'll be revisiting that site again for inspiration.

Below is her recipe.  Do what I did and double it.  I didn't have any nuts so I left those out and I used half raisins and half dried unsweetened cranberries for the dried fruit. I also ran out of nutmeg, but in my opinion that spice is optional. The cookies keep well in a zip top bag.




No comments:

Post a Comment