Eat Low-Fat Food

Hi! I'm a mom of 2 and I love tasty (and fatty) food (Really, who doesn't?)! I own my love for the lards of life, but I budget my fats daily or else I easily overspend. By living a low-fat lifestyle, I hope to develop super powers (or something comparable would suite me just fine). At the very least, I hope my cholesterol levels will be thanking me as I gracefully progress through the ages and stages of life. Follow me on my eating journey to a healthier lifestyle through delicious low-fat food.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Minute Granola

image

I found this recipe online at Amyshealthybaking.com and used it as a guideline to make my own microwave granola. It'll do in a pinch for granola, and I'm often in a pinch when I'm hungry for breakfast and I didn't make my own homemade granola the night before.

The recipe is a simple three ingredients-

Half teaspoon maple syrup
Half teaspoon water
3 tablespoons rolled oats

In a bowl stir together the maple syrup and water. Mix in the oats and microwave at 40 power for 2 minutes. Stir the Granola so it doesn't stick and microwave again at 40 percent power for another 2 minutes. Let the granola cool a touch before eating.

I added some freeze dried strawberries and I ate my granola with a low fat vanilla yogurt. It was the bomb diggity. I think I'll have some again tomorrow for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment