Eat Low-Fat Food

Hi! I'm a mom of 2 and I love tasty (and fatty) food (Really, who doesn't?)! I own my love for the lards of life, but I budget my fats daily or else I easily overspend. By living a low-fat lifestyle, I hope to develop super powers (or something comparable would suite me just fine). At the very least, I hope my cholesterol levels will be thanking me as I gracefully progress through the ages and stages of life. Follow me on my eating journey to a healthier lifestyle through delicious low-fat food.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Shoyu Cucumbers

image

Shoyu is a Japanese word for soy sauce. Or maybe it's a Hawaiian- Japanese word, I'm not exactly linguistically sure on that, but I'm also not that bothered by my lack of expertise enough to look it up on a search engine.  You'll have to wait in suspense, or just go look it up yourself.

Shoyu cucumbers I grew up eating, unlike most of my neighbors and friends who have probably never tried them before. Let me tell you they've been missing out. But they don't have to anymore!  The method of making them is simple. Basically, just peel and slice thinly a cucumber or two.  Then put it in a medium-sized bowl, or reused cool whip container like we did when I was a kid, than sprinkle soy sauce over the top and vinegar in about equal parts and a grind of pepper. If you accidentally poured too much vinegar or soy sauce you can always dilute the mixture with some water. There you have it! Done. I suppose these are like a quick Japanese-inspired pickle.  It's a yummy side dish, and quite refreshing, and the best part is it is fat free!

No comments:

Post a Comment