Eat Low-Fat Food

Hi! I'm a mom of 2 and I love tasty (and fatty) food (Really, who doesn't?)! I own my love for the lards of life, but I budget my fats daily or else I easily overspend. By living a low-fat lifestyle, I hope to develop super powers (or something comparable would suite me just fine). At the very least, I hope my cholesterol levels will be thanking me as I gracefully progress through the ages and stages of life. Follow me on my eating journey to a healthier lifestyle through delicious low-fat food.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Easy Smothered Burritos

Tonight's dinner used ready made pantry items to make my life simpler. Each smothered burrito is less van 15 grams of fat , which means you can serve it with a full fat sour cream if you choose.

This is how I made them. For the filling, I sauteed peppers, a tomato, and an onion. When that was soft, I added the black beans and one cup of cheese sauce (Ragu ready-made double cheddar sauce). When the filling was warmed through, it was ready to go into the tortillas. To assemble the smothered burritos, I layered about two thirds of a cup of salsa in the bottom of a square baking dish, then filled the tortillas, rolled them up, and added a third cup of salsa on top. Then I put them under the broiler for a minute or so. See? Easy.  Then you can throw some chopped cilantro on top to be fancy. I served these with corn and sliced English cucumbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment