Eat Low-Fat Food

Hi! I'm a mom of 2 and I love tasty (and fatty) food (Really, who doesn't?)! I own my love for the lards of life, but I budget my fats daily or else I easily overspend. By living a low-fat lifestyle, I hope to develop super powers (or something comparable would suite me just fine). At the very least, I hope my cholesterol levels will be thanking me as I gracefully progress through the ages and stages of life. Follow me on my eating journey to a healthier lifestyle through delicious low-fat food.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Honey Ham Sammy

image

Did you know that honey ham deli meat has less fat than oven roasted turkey deli meat?  And more protein!  At least the brand I bought  does. Reading labels comes in handy. This is good news because my favorite breakfast meat is not bacon or sausage, it is ham :)

Hash browns n ham. Mmmmmm...
Biscuits n ham. Mmmmmmm...
Waffles n ham.  Mmmmmmm...
Eggs n ham, or even green eggs n ham.  Yes, I like them, Sam I Am!  Mmmmmmm...

Enough about breakfast though. Everyone I know knows that I have oatmeal for breakfast. Oatmeal and ham??? Probably not. But ham is great for lunch too! Chopped up in a chef salad, or nestled between sandwich bread , I'm diggin it. Check out my Honey Ham Sammie on soft whole wheat bread with tomatoes, spinach, green leaf lettuce, chopped pepperoncinis, salt, pepper, and touch of vinegar.  Mmmmm...

image

It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment