Eat Low-Fat Food

Hi! I'm a mom of 2 and I love tasty (and fatty) food (Really, who doesn't?)! I own my love for the lards of life, but I budget my fats daily or else I easily overspend. By living a low-fat lifestyle, I hope to develop super powers (or something comparable would suite me just fine). At the very least, I hope my cholesterol levels will be thanking me as I gracefully progress through the ages and stages of life. Follow me on my eating journey to a healthier lifestyle through delicious low-fat food.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

My Old-Time Salad Bar Favorite

image

My lunch today was a throw back to my all-time favorite junior high lunch, the salad bar. I used to get the salad bar nearly every day in junior high school and it was the same lovely lettuce topped with the same tasty tidbits every day- cucumbers, diced ham, cottage cheese and pineapple. Every now and then I'd add peas or carrots to the mix. Cottage cheese and pineapple were the important toppings, everything else was optional. The nice thing about this delicious combo is it has no need for salad dressing, thus saving you on fat. And the even better thing about this is it tastes so good that you don't miss the fat or feel deprived in the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment