Eat Low-Fat Food

Hi! I'm a mom of 2 and I love tasty (and fatty) food (Really, who doesn't?)! I own my love for the lards of life, but I budget my fats daily or else I easily overspend. By living a low-fat lifestyle, I hope to develop super powers (or something comparable would suite me just fine). At the very least, I hope my cholesterol levels will be thanking me as I gracefully progress through the ages and stages of life. Follow me on my eating journey to a healthier lifestyle through delicious low-fat food.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Snack Attack- Toasted Kale

image

Need a healthy veggie snack?  Toss chopped and stemmed kale with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper on a sheet tray. Broil in the oven until edges look a little toasty (or a lot toasty if you like).

P.S. Be sure to set the pan at least a foot from the heat source or you'll get charred kale.

I love the little crunchy brown edges on the salty kale. My hubby said it reminds him of nori (Japanese toasted seaweed), which is another snack I adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment