Eat Low-Fat Food

Hi! I'm a mom of 2 and I love tasty (and fatty) food (Really, who doesn't?)! I own my love for the lards of life, but I budget my fats daily or else I easily overspend. By living a low-fat lifestyle, I hope to develop super powers (or something comparable would suite me just fine). At the very least, I hope my cholesterol levels will be thanking me as I gracefully progress through the ages and stages of life. Follow me on my eating journey to a healthier lifestyle through delicious low-fat food.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Poached Rock Fish with Red Potatoes and Sliced Carrots

image

One of my favorite authors is Roald Dahl.  In his autobiography, he says the best way to cook fish is to poach it.  I like fish cooked in variety of ways- grilled, broiled, steamed, fried, battered, breaded, the list goes on and on, but when I prepare fish for dinner, hardly ever do I choose to poach it. After reading Mr. Dahl's opinion on poaching however, I think I have a new respect for that method. Poaching can infuse flavor while keeping the fish soft and moist. Why not try poaching more often?

So for tonight's dinner I chose to poach the rockfish that I had sitting in my freezer. Rockfish is a very mild-flavored, yet firm-textured white fish. I infused the poaching water with sliced onions, fresh parsley, garlic powder, thyme, and plenty of salt. It turned out beautifully.

I served it with some boiled red potatoes and sliced carrots. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment