Eat Low-Fat Food

Hi! I'm a mom of 2 and I love tasty (and fatty) food (Really, who doesn't?)! I own my love for the lards of life, but I budget my fats daily or else I easily overspend. By living a low-fat lifestyle, I hope to develop super powers (or something comparable would suite me just fine). At the very least, I hope my cholesterol levels will be thanking me as I gracefully progress through the ages and stages of life. Follow me on my eating journey to a healthier lifestyle through delicious low-fat food.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Gag! Overnight Oatmeal

image

Holy gross! I do not recommend overnight oatmeal. There are tons of recipes online, making it sound like overnight oatmeal is a miracle meal. If you don't know what that is, it is basically oats soaked overnight in a liquid of your choice, refrigerated, and by morning you have a bowl of cold, soft oatmeal. I'm trying new things and I'm trying to like oatmeal more, so I tried overnight oatmeal soaked in leftover green smoothie- another idea I got from the internet. Not. good. If you look at the picture you can see that it doesn't look appetizing. And one tiny bite confirmed that it tastes how it looks. I don't know about cold oatmeal. It just seems like oatmeal should be warm.

image

Sorry overnight oatmeal. You didn't make me a believer.

Instead for breakfast I had microwaved quick oats with a banana sliced on top and sprinkle of cinnamon. It was definitely a step up.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment