Eat Low-Fat Food

Hi! I'm a mom of 2 and I love tasty (and fatty) food (Really, who doesn't?)! I own my love for the lards of life, but I budget my fats daily or else I easily overspend. By living a low-fat lifestyle, I hope to develop super powers (or something comparable would suite me just fine). At the very least, I hope my cholesterol levels will be thanking me as I gracefully progress through the ages and stages of life. Follow me on my eating journey to a healthier lifestyle through delicious low-fat food.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Vegetarian Chili with Whole-Grain Drop Biscuits

image

This was dinner last night. I made vegetarian chili using a green pepper, red onion, a poblano pepper, roma tomatoes, kidney beans, a touch of olive oil, and lots of herbs and spices.  With a spoonful of nonfat Greek yogurt and a few sprigs of cilantro on top, the chili takes on a nice fresh flavor.  I added a few sliced pickled jalapeƱos for kick.

image

image

The whole grain drop biscuits couldn't be easier to make. Set your oven to 350, use one cup of Kodiak cake waffle mix with a quarter cup applesauce and a quarter cup coconut oil cut into the mix.   Add a splash of milk and stir with a fork into a thick sticky batter. Then you just drop it by the tablespoonful onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes or so. I flattened the biscuits a bit and dabbed the tops with some milk, then sprinkled a bit of sea salt and paprika over them before I put them in to bake.  this gives you about 12 biscuits. They come out soft and slightly sweet and salty. They made a great dipper, or in my case, a lovely stage to eat my chili off of.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment