Eat Low-Fat Food

Hi! I'm a mom of 2 and I love tasty (and fatty) food (Really, who doesn't?)! I own my love for the lards of life, but I budget my fats daily or else I easily overspend. By living a low-fat lifestyle, I hope to develop super powers (or something comparable would suite me just fine). At the very least, I hope my cholesterol levels will be thanking me as I gracefully progress through the ages and stages of life. Follow me on my eating journey to a healthier lifestyle through delicious low-fat food.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hidden Oats Green Smoothie

image

For breakfast today I decided to hide my oatmeal in a green smoothie. I like green smoothies. They are simple and you can get a serving or two of veggies in before lunch. Great idea? I think so! The smoothie successfully hid any hint of oatmeal flavor. The only downside was that I should have added double the oatmeal to actually get the serving that I normally eat. You see, I forgot that the smoothie I was making actually makes 2 to 3 servings, so I should have poured in more oatmeal.  I wonder if that will change the texture of the smoothie or add an oatmeal flavor? I guess I'll have to try it again and find out!  If you want a basic green smoothie recipe I've got a good one. You can start with my recipe and add yogurt or juices or other fruits to mix it up a bit. Its very versatile.

Basic Green Smoothie Recipe
Blend the following in a high-powered blender:

  • 1 medium banana
  • 1 cup frozen blueberries
  • 2-4 cups fresh spinach leaves- depending on how "green" you want it
  • A splash of water

No comments:

Post a Comment